Monday, February 13, 2012

Big Boy Bed Nap Time Success

P recently transitioned into his Big Boy Bed (aka the toddler bed we found in the basement when we bought the house).  To help with the transition, we allowed him to pick out his bedding and put a bed rail on.  He has slept like a champ in the bed from day 1...at night time.  But he has refused to nap in it.  When I put him down for his nap, he explores the room, finds everything that I have not taken out of the room or hidden in the closet, and plays pretend (he currently believes the bed is a car and/or motorcycle and he loves driving it...for his entire nap time).  Finally, after several weeks of trying to get him to take a nap, I went to check on him a few days ago and this is what I found:  
I love that he has his church shoes and hairbrush in the bed, and he is sleeping with his head on Mickey Mouse and his face smashed into the bed rail.  At least he is asleep.  

No comments: