Our first day of vacation to Seattle involved a whole lot of what you would expect... a whole lot of driving. We made really good time. It only took us 11 hours to get from Ogden (where we stayed Friday night) to Covington (where Jorden's family lives). The only major event from our trip happened when we got into Oregon. We had planned to stop in Ontario, Oregon which is just across the border, but Jorden was taking a nap and I didn't want to wake her so I kept driving. Doing a little math I figured we may barely make Baker City but I would rather not risk getting caught without gas in those mountains so we saw a truck stop to the side of the road and got off to fill up. When we pulled into the gas station we realized that all of the pumps were covered with trash bags. Jorden went in to do some investigating and found out that they had run out of gas the day before. They suggested we drive 5 miles out of the way to this little town called Huntington to fill up. The only gas station in Huntington turned out to be a 2 pump, mom and pop store where they had to use a calculator to figure out how much we owed. At least they had gas. We had planned on there being a lot of traffic since it was Labor Day weekend, but apparently the economy discouraged a lot of traffic.
No comments:
Post a Comment