Sunday, August 31, 2008
Vacation Day 2: Sunday
Because we were expecting to take forever to get to Seattle in the labor day traffic, we did not plan to go to church on Sunday (meaning we didn't even have clothes to wear to church...). So, we were excited to sleep in and enjoy a relaxing vacation Sunday. We were staying in my parents new camping trailer (which is pretty posh, if you ask me) so we would not be woken up by the family getting ready for church. The only downfall of the trailer was that it was perched on a very precarious post and I was terrified that we were going to break something and send the trailer careening down the driveway in the middle of the night. Luckily, that did not happen. However, as a punishment for skipping church, we were woken up at 8:00am by the most annoying sound in the world. It was this loud screeching noise that would not stop! Dan jumped out of bed to go and investigate, and I saw a flashing light on what looked like a smoke detector which led me to believe that the trailer was burning down. Remember, we were woken up out of a deep sleep and I was a little incoherent. As I got closer to the "smoke detector" I could read that it was actually a carbon monoxide detector...great! Even better! We were about to consumed by the silent killer! Now, some people (Dan) might say that I am a hypochondriac, and others may think I am a little paranoid...but I really thought we were on the verge of dying when suddenly the sound stopped. Lo and behold it was...an alarm clock. Blaring through six speakers in the trailer. For the purpose of waking us up. Funny. When we asked my parents about the alarm, they said "Oh yeah. That goes off every morning and we can't figure out how to turn it off." After another morning of this, Dan figured out that if you mute the volume on the flat screen TV in the trailer (that's right, the trailer has a TV...I'm considering purchasing one to be our home...) then the alarm turns off. I'm sure some of you are joking that we are complaining about being woken up at 8:00am...that is still a major "sleep in" for me, but driving all day can really take a lot out of a girl! So, to make up for our lack of sleep, we relaxed around the house, watching movies and playing games.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment