Later that night, we went out to dinner with my parents...aren't they cute?
Monday, September 1, 2008
Vacation Day 3: Monday
On Labor Day, Dan and I decided to check out the sales at the Super Mall (my favorite outlet mall). Dan was less than thrilled to spend a day at the mall, but he got new shoes and a Cinnabon out of it, so he can't complain. Speaking of Cinnabon, I don't know how many of you have enjoyed a Cinnabon in your day, but I LOVE them. My adoration of Cinnabon began in my early teens when I would go to the mall with my friends and we would share a Cinnabon and Orange Julius. So, imagine my dismay when I moved to one of the few states in the nation that did not have a Cinnabon franchise. I have been missing Cinnabon for years, so every time I see one I HAVE to have one. Luckily, most airports (including ours now) have a Cinnabon, so whenever we travel I get to enjoy the deliciousness of cinnamon, icing, and dough. This was actually Dan's first experience with an actual Cinnabon (we had purchased minibons on our last trip, but they are just not the same...), and I am happy to announce that he has become a Cinnabon supporter.
Later that night, we went out to dinner with my parents...aren't they cute?
They had been wanting to try a new Mexican restaurant near their house (Puerta Vallarta), so we agreed to help them determine if it was worth their business in the future. When they brought out the chips and salsa, the waitress also brought out another dish with questionable ingredients. My dad turned to the waitress and asked "What's in that?"...and the waitress smiled, nodded, and said "Yes". She then brought out some bean dip. Interesting. At least we knew then that the food was probably authentic. Dan has been on a search for the ultimate fish tacos (make a note of this, and please refer to tomorrow's post), but he was also interested in several other items on the menu, so I agreed to order the fish tacos. Big mistake. They were NOT good...I couldn't even find the fish, and they were incredibly spicy. Dan got a huge meal (which included steak and chile rellenos), so we shared our meals with each other. The food was ok, but I don't think my parents will be returning.
Later that night, we went out to dinner with my parents...aren't they cute?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment