Shoshie and I went to the zoo the other day. Now, I would not consider myself a connoisseur of zoos...I've been to several in my day, but not enough to be considered a specialist. But I am not a fan of the layout of our zoo, nor am I a fan of the assortment of animals. No polar bears, no hippos, and only one species of pig! However, one thing that I have not seen at any other zoo is the Aldabra Tortoise...it is huge. Prior to finding the tortoise cage, we heard a very loud groan. We had no idea what it was, and Sho jokingly wondered if the animals were "making babies". Then, we walked past this sign:
1) The Ghost of the Bayou. There are currently only 10 living white alligators in the world, and we have one at our zoo (for a limited time) so that should be reason in and of itself to go to the zoo.
2) Finding out that Sho is the same height as a gorilla. If you look close enough, you can see the lovely jewelry that she is wearing (courtesy of my mother).
1 comment:
I'm glad to note that I'm not quite as wide as a gorilla...
Post a Comment