We spent Thursday afternoon and evening with my sister and her boyfriend (Jen and Ty). Dan and I had previously decided that, every time we went out to eat during this trip, we would have to go to a restaurant that can not be found where we live. So, when Ty recommended a little mom and pop place that sold alligator, we were sold! We think it is called Eat More Gator (Jen, correct me if I'm wrong) and it served authentic southern food...which means everything was fried. Dan had the barbecue ribs and coleslaw (the only two non-fried items) with fried pickles, and I had the fried alligator, fried okra, and sweet potato fries...and we shared fried bignets for dessert. That's right, goodbye WW! I felt a little nauseous after all this fried food, but it was actually pretty good. The alligator had a taste that I can't really describe...some people say it tastes like chicken, but I beg to differ. I have eaten a lot of chicken in my day and that is NOT what it tastes like...but the white meat had a similar consistency to chicken.
After we ate, we headed to Snoqualmie Falls, one of the most popular scenic attractions in Washington and is well known for it's appearance in Twin Peaks. Anyway, I had only been to the falls one time before, when my sister and some friends of ours were babysitting dozens of kids at a wedding when I was in high school. We took the kids down to the bottom of the falls, and I remember that the hike back to the top was not very pleasant. Jen remembered that as well, but we made the climb down anyway. It was actually not terrible coming back up, and it was nice that very few people were there so we almost had the place to ourselves. It was nice to spend some time with Jen and get to know Ty a little better.



No comments:
Post a Comment