One thing I forgot to mention about Tuesday night at Crystal's was that I broke my favorite pair of flip flops. I purchased this pair right before my mission and took them with me everywhere, so they lasted me approximately 5 years...and that's pretty impressive, considering that I wore them pretty much every day for about 5 months straight every year. As you can imagine this was a pretty traumatic event for me. And, as a result, we had to go on a trip to find a replacement pair on Wednesday. I decided I didn't need a great pair to get me through the trip, a cheap pair would do. So we drove down into Covington to check out the Walmart (who were out of flip flops), then we went to Payless (who only had sparkly flip flops, which just would not do). We could have tried the Fred Meyer, but by then we had lost our patience and decided to head back down to the Supermall. And, after finding a very comfortable pair of Nike flip flops at the Famous Footwear, we headed back over to the food court for another Cinnabon. I don't know if that has to be capitalized, but I will always capitalize it, out of respect.
Later that day we went to a ward activity with my parents...the Milk Carton Derby. Basically, each auxillary in their ward spends the year building a boat out of wood and milk cartons, then they race them in a lake with members of the auxillary on top with paddles. It was one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time, and I didn't even know any of the people on the boats. The winning boat was built by the Relief Society, but powered by the Elder's Quorum (because their boat sunk before the race even began...shoddy workmanship). The young men and young women had about eight people on each of their boats...the young men's boat was by far the best, but they had WAY too many people on it to make it move quickly through the water...they would have won if they had only two or three people on the boat from the beginning. I was concerned about the High Priests...they looked like they were about to have heart attacks. Because this was such a funny experience, I have decided to introduce this tradition to whichever ward we end up settling in.
No comments:
Post a Comment