Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I.Love.Free.Vacations.

You know how radio stations often have competitions where, if you are caller #whatever you can win a cool prize? Well, my father-in-law wins those prizes all the time! A few weeks ago he won a two night stay at the Mariott in Park City, and he gave it to us! We went to Park City this past weekend to redeem our free stay, and it was a fun weekend, despite my being sick and the walls of the hotel being paper thin. I had never been to Main Street in Park City before (I usually only go there to shop at the outlet mall) and it was pretty dead (being the off season and all) so I can only imagine what it would be like during the big events such as the Sundance Film Festival. We ate at a Sports Bar on Main Street on Thursday night so we could watch the BYU/TCU game (please, don't bring it up...the results of that game are a very sore subject for Dan). One thing I will say about Park City is that it is one expensive city! All the restaurants that we could find were posh and pricey (so much for our "free" weekend!). Luckily, for lunch on Friday we found a place that was not too expensive, and pretty delicious...the Loco Lizard!



Sho loves the Loco Lizard, and eats there every time she goes to Park City. In fact, she often goes to Park City just so she can eat there. As is now customary, Dan continued his search for the best fish tacos in the nation at the Loco Lizard. We were pleasantly surprised with the tacos, but they pale in comparison to those eaten at Dukes. However, these were the best we have found in the Beehive State, so way to go Loco! In addition to our eating experiences, we also took in a couple of shows, including W and Eagle Eye. I have a lot to say about W, and will hopefully share my opinion some day on my movie blog (no promises! We watch too many movies, it's too hard to keep up!) Overall it was a fun and relaxing weekend...thanks Daddy Czech!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No problem. I'm glad you enjoyed the weekend.

Daddy Czech