Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Oh Mother's, where art thou?

As many of you know, our nation is currently in an economic crisis. Every day more and more businesses are closing, leaving us all concerned about our personal financial situation. The pressure of trying to plan our future in the midst of all of this turmoil is giving me an ulcer. And today, Dan read me an article that is literally the "straw that broke the camel's back". One company that is very dear to my heart (and my taste buds) has gone bankrupt. Let us all take a moment of silence for...


Apparently, the company went bankrupt on 09 October 2008. This is a tragedy to the cookie industry... and what's next? Girl Scouts? Oreo's? Chips Ahoy? What is the point of living without these luxuries? Three of my favorite cookies in the world are manufactured by Mother's.



I love the Taffy cookies so much that I bought a lotion that makes me smell like them (and recently ate an entire bag without allowing Dan to have any of them...). The Circus Animals change color for every holiday, and remind me of my childhood...and of deliciousness. And the Iced Raisin remind me of my mom...she always loved them and only shared them with us on special occasions. If you try to order any Mother's cookies online today, you will find that most of them are already out of stock...which means you better start stocking up now before they are gone forever! In fact, Christmas is coming, so if you haven't got me a present yet, I would not say no to a delicious bag of cookies. I know, this will not help my weight loss goals, but in this time of crisis, who can think about their weight?

4 comments:

AJ said...

WHAT? I didn't hear this news. How terribly sad. The circus animal cookies are my fav (even in the 4th of July ones turn your poo blue). Tears are falling.

Crystal said...

NO!! NOT THE TAFFY COOKIES!!!! What is this world COMING TO? I LOVE those cookies. I knew I should stocked up...oh wait, maybe I will. Right now!

Shoshanah said...

I'm sorry I did not share this news with you sooner. I found out on October 10th that they had declared bankruptcy. (My chip vendor Ron keeps me up to date on all things crunchy.)

Luckily, Macey's grocery store is still well stocked with all things Mother. In fact, yesterday, I bought a special treat in honor of all the workers who lost their jobs throughout the country due to the closing of the factory doors.

They were delicious!

Nakki said...

AHHH! I get it! I was craving the Taffy cookies yesterday and was saddened when I couldn't find them at the store...it all makes sense. So sad...those truly are my favorite :(