Friday, October 21, 2011

Happy Birthday P!

How did he grow up so fast? Seriously, P has become a real person with personality. He is super independent and loves having choices. Here is some information about P at 2 years old:

Favorite foods: P will eat anything (Brussels sprouts, broccoli, fish...think of the grossest foods that you hate, and he will love them!), so it is hard to identify a favorite. But he rarely says no to any kind of fruit, cheese and crackers, mac n cheese, chocolate milk, and fruit snacks.

Favorite toys: trains (especially Thomas), dinosaurs, cars, boats, airplanes, trucks, animals, vacuum, hats, motorcycles

Favorite Activities: Anything outside (park, backyard, swimming pool, etc), sweeping and vacuuming, helping Mommy do the dishes, baking with Mommy, mowing the lawn with Daddy, "reading",

Favorite books: "Dinosaur Roar", anything with Elmo, anything with trains, his "100 First" books (trucks, animals, words, etc),

Favorite shows: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Thomas and Friends, Elmo in Grouchland,

Favorite songs: Popcorn Popping, 5 Little Monkeys (swinging in a tree AND jumping on the bed), theme from the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, 5 Little Speckled Frogs

Word Confusion: So far we have only had two experiences where P has tried to say something that I have not been able to understand, and he has thrown several screaming-at-the-top-of-his-lungs-throwing-himself-on-the-floor-acting-like-he-is-going-to-die tantrums because I don't understand him. The first was when he said "Fuff" over and over again...it took me a week to figure out that he was trying to say "Drive" because he wanted to drive my car. The second happened just this week...he told me he wanted to watch "Seesaw"...after running down the list of possible options, I came up empty. Right now, I am pretty sure that he wants to watch Choo Choo Soul on Disney, but I am still not completely sure about this one.

Best Friends: Sophie and Dylan

P's favorite new traditions: Daddy making crepes before watching General Conference, Pumpkin Patch on P's birthday, weekly library trips.

1 comment:

AJ said...

I can't believe how grown up he looks! He is quite a little man for sure!