We have been looking in to Preschools for this coming school year, and I visited one this week to check it out. While I was there, they invited us to come on their field trip to the Fire Station, and since P's current "character" has been rotating between fire man and garbage man, I figured he would love to go. I kept it a secret until we got there...I told him I had a special surprise for him. I almost had to drag him out of the house kicking and screaming because he was very involved with his Lego fire station and fire truck and did not want to stop playing. But he knows exactly where the fire station is (we drive past it several times a week), so when I pulled into the parking lot he started to get noticeably excited. We watched a fire safety video (which was super educational...when we got home, P showed me how to stop, drop, and roll, he practiced crawling around under the "smoke", he found all the smoke alarms in the house, he somehow found our matches, and we discussed our fire evacuation plan), and took a tour of the fire station (we were both a little disappointed that there was no fire pole...). P did not want anything to do with the other kids, but he LOVED the fire station. Glad we went...except that he has already asked me if we can go back tomorrow...
1 comment:
How exciting, but alittle worried that he didn't like the other kids. How do you feel about the teacher?
Post a Comment