Several years ago, I realized that, when my birthday falls on a Wednesday, I am authorized to celebrate said birthday the weekend prior to and following the actual birthday. In addition, it makes sense that I would then be able to celebrate my birthday for an entire weekend (plus some) if it falls at any other time during the week. This year, my birthday was on a Saturday...last Saturday to be exact. I guess any normal person would have celebrated their birthday on Saturday...but as you may know, I am not a normal person. My b-day began on Friday, when Dan decided to take the day off work so we could spend it together. We have a tradition (which we can now call a tradition because this is the second year IN A ROW that we have done this) that we go golfing on my b-day. Some of you might be thinking "Sure...Dan takes you golfing on your birthday because he loves golfing". Well, actually, it was my idea to go golfing. I never share this activity with Dan, so I think it is a good time for us to go and do something he loves so much together. Plus, we end up going in the middle of the day when no one else is out (so I don't feel pressure to hurry up) and we always go to an executive course (so that I don't take all day to get to the green). Dan says I have pretty good form and that I have improved from last year...he's
so nice to lie to me for my birthday!
After golf, we spent the whole day together at the Gateway, enjoying a meal at
Biaggi's, taking in a movie or two, and topping off the evening with a visit to our
pseudo-parents, Mark and Lisa. But don't worry...the birthday did not stop there! Saturday was my actual birthday, and my
BFF surprised me with a "mini" homemade cheesecake (which was actually the perfect size and absolutely delicious!). On Sunday, my new secretary brought me a birthday bag with all sorts of goodies in it.
Sho, Dan and I went to Red Lobster for dinner on Monday (FYI, Red Lobster does not give you a delicious dessert for your birthday...however, if you bring your own or buy one of theirs, they will sing to you...). My favorite thing to eat at Red Lobster is the coconut shrimp because of the fabulous dipping sauce. It is a cup full of
pina colada deliciousness...that I can eat with a spoon as if it were pudding. I may or may not have requested several cups of the dipping sauce (and filled up on sauce so I had a loan shrimp leftover...poor little guy!).

Dan enjoyed the crab, and got a bright idea from Sho to pull apart his crab and put it all in the butter at the same time...it looked absolutely disgusting. This is one fine artery clogging meal!

To finish off my birthday
extravaganza, my coworkers (and some former coworkers...but current friends) took me to lunch at Red Robin...and on Wednesday I enjoyed pie with the RS presidency. This was truly the birthday that kept on giving. Do I really have to wait another year to celebrate again?
Thank's everyone for making my birthday great!
4 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! You look great! In fact, I think you look younger.
My crab in the butter was delicious. The trick is dumping it in and eating it quickly - not letting it soak for an extended period of time.
I'm just defending my crab leg eating methonds!
Spoiled.....that is all. ;)
Happy Birthday Jordan. Sorry we didn't get something to you sooner. I hope that you reminded Mark and Lisa who their favorites are...Bri and Spence!
Post a Comment