Saturday, December 6, 2008

We talk about the book, I swear!

Four years ago, my dear friend Becca had the bright idea of forming a sassy book club with a group of our friends. Since that time, we have read dozens of books, rotated through dozens of members, and enjoyed pounds upon pounds of delicious food. Our current group consists of the lovely ladies below:

Natalie, Heather, me, Lucy

Emily and Shoshi

Some members wish to remain faceless...Marie
Some might say we have one of the most "diverse" book clubs in the Valley. We usually spend about an hour discussing the current book selection (most recently The Book Thief by Markus Zusak), then two to three hours catching up on world (and personal) events. Book Club is one of the highlights of my month...I love having an excuse to read a good book, and to spend time with good friends. It is sad that so many of our members have "passed on" and are no longer able to attend (we miss you girls!). Thank you Becca for bringing the book club into my life!

2 comments:

R said...

Your welcome! I miss your book club so much!

anne said...

I was really shocked that my photo was not included in this entry. Maybe it's because my hair looks so good (thanks EB) that you felt threatened putting my pic up. I understand.