As the golf season is getting ready to come to a close, I thought I would comment a little bit on the past season in one post, rather than bore everyone by blogging after every time I golf. So here goes (Score in parenthesis):
Favorite New Course I Tried: Talon's Cove (95) and Soldier Hollow (96 Gold, 102 Silver). Talon's Cove was a real fun, yet challenging course with a lot of blind shots. Soldier Hollow is another great course up Provo Canyon with a lot of challenging shots up and down the mountain.
Least Favorite New Course I Tried: Jordan River Par 3 (39)...we went here for Jorden's birthday, but as is the case with most par 3 courses they get a bit run down.
Other New Courses I Tried: Wingpointe, Riverbend
Best Scores: Sleepy Ridge (42), Wingpointe, (91), Eastbay (93)
Worst Scores: Riverbend (117), Homestead (116)
First Round: February 29th, Sleepy Ridge (47)
Last Round: Today, Sleepy Ridge (47), unless the weather stays nice and I get out again...does it mean I'm not improving if my score is exactly the same after 9 months of golfing?
Biggest Regret: Not taking my clubs to Washington and playing at Chamber's Bay. Luckily I'll be taking more trips up there and I won't miss the chance.
Change in Handicap: 28.0 in February to 25.8 currently
Anyways, I hope I can get out again this year, if not I'll have to sneak out early next year. Thanks to everyone who went along on my many golf outings.
6 comments:
How come you didn't post any of the cute videos or pics that I took while you golfed?
Your favorite round had to be the one you played with Gabe and I right?!
I decided I couldn't claim one favorite round. I had a blast with you and Gabe, also with Sam and Derik, even yesterday's round was fun.
You forgot to comment about lawnmower guy at the homestead. I wish Chambers Bay was only like 8 hrs drive, then we could head up there one weekend. I bet next year your handicap drops by 8 strokes.
Some stories are best left untold...or better yet forgotten. Chambers Bay is worth the weekend trip if you include the BYU vs UW game like in 2011 I think. I wouldn't go as far as saying 8 strokes, because unfortunately that would mean being able to hit woods, irons, wedges, and putter all well at the same time. That just doesn't happen for me. I'm lucky if 2 of the 4 are going well on any given round.
So your handicap is getting better which would assume that you are generally getting better scores, correct? Does this have anything to do with one of your arch-rival golf buddies, who breaks you down mentally every time they play, happened to move to Omaha before the golf season was up?
Post a Comment