Thursday, February 12, 2009

New Home Tour: Carpet

Old:
New:

We recarpeted everything in the house that was carpeted. The guy the sent to tear out the carpet and lay the new carpet called me in the early afternoon asking if he could come back the next day and finish. I came to the house to lock up and he told me he had hurt his knee by dropping a roll of carpet on it and he was in too much pain to finish. He felt bad that he couldn't finish that day so I convinced him to do the stairs like this, rather than the waterfall style we had paid for. It would have cost us an extra $5 per step for this, but we got it for free. They look so much better like this.

4 comments:

anne said...

Jo, everything in the new house looks great! I can't wait to see it some day. I have to wonder, what is "waterfall style" carpet? Is that when they just roll the carpet down the stairs so it looks like a slide? P.S. You look cute in the closet!

emi. said...

woot woot!

Unknown said...

I love that guacamole green, girl you got style! It looks amazing:)

Beej said...

I'm so excited that you guys got a house! I think that sounds like fun. A lot of work, but fun. I hope that we can come and see it sometime this summer.