P is one week old today. We went to the pediatrician yesterday and he has already gained back 4 ounces of the weight he lost. Hopefully by the 2 week appointment next Tuesday he will have gained most of it back.

This is P's favorite burping position. It sure doesn't look comfortable, but it calms him right down.

P has wild hands. As hard as we try to swaddle him well with ordinary blankets he can wiggle his hands right out and he loves them up by his face.

Tonight we gave P his first bath. As you can see he was not a fan of it. Hopefully they will get better once his umbilical cord falls off and he can actually be submerged rather than sponge bathed.

At the doctor's appointment yesterday he measured at a whopping 21 3/4 inches. That means according to his medical records he grew 3 1/4 inches in a week. They did a better job stretching him out and we believe it was done so quickly at the hospital that he measured shorter than he actually was.
6 comments:
Poor little guy... I don't like baths either, I prefer showers. Ha Ha (Grandpa Czech)
he's so beautiful!
beautiful beautiful beautiful. How fun that he is here now and your days of sleep have past. I bet he is a much kissed baby. Hope to see you soon!
He's so cute! Copper hated baths too until we could just lay her in the bottom of the tub flat, without all the fancy baby bath stuff. Hope you're doing well!!
I hope you'll be able to figure out how to burp him once he's too big to hold in one hand!!! He's soooooo cute, I can't help but save all the pictures you post! :D
He's so precious! I love these first couple weeks. I remember feeling so clueless about everything, but it was so amazing.
Post a Comment