
Terrifying, isn't it? I don't know if you can see this picture very well, but these people appear to be wearing KKK outfits. They're not...this is a parade called "Procession of the Mysteries" and it is held on Good Friday...those are all the parades I remember from Italy...about saints or some Catholic holiday...that would have been funny to have the missionaries walking down the street with them. Anyway, back to the Independence Day parade at the Provo Freedom Festival. My favorite floats include the following:
The Payson Onion Days float (which carries Miss Payson, who I feel I have a sort of connection to, since I was able to attend her crowning ceremony...and view her in a bathing suit...and listen to her response to how to solve the world's problems).
The float with a pig on it. Do I remember what that float was for? No. But I will NEVER forget that pig! I can read on the side that it has something to do with AF, and since AF appreciates pigs, it makes me want to move there...
And last but not least...the Curious George balloon. Personally, when I saw this balloon, I realized that this parade was a big deal. I mean, most parades in our lovely state don't have balloons, right? Those are saved for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in NYC! I was very impressed that they had not one, not two, but THREE balloons at this parade. However, I was a little confused about the Underdog balloon...do kids these days know who Underdog is? Maybe...but I don't think so. But I guess kids do like big blow up things, and they were paying more attention to the candy that was being thrown (as were we...and I was really wishing I had a baby so I had an excuse to run up and grab some candy!).
2 comments:
I loved Curious George too, but one of my faves was the UVU institute float. Didn't they have a pretend married couple in their attire standing at the top with some randon guy singing songs to us all on his mike. The more you stared, the more strangeness you noticed.
I totally forgot about that! Yep, they were wearing wedding attire...I'm checking to see if I have a picture...
Post a Comment