Friday, July 25, 2008
AZ Trip: Day 2
Our day 2 began with a breakfast of champions...cupcakes from Sprinkles! Ok, we didn't actually have cupcakes for breakfast, and they weren't all that great anyway, but we drove for quite a while in the blazing hot sun to get them, so I had to show the world the Sprinkles cupcake (which are a staple for such celebrities as Paris Hilton). I now know why Paris stays so skinny, because if I thought all cupcakes tasted like that, I wouldn't want to eat sweets either. I'm being a little harsh, they were not terrible...I liked the summer cherry and the pumpkin, but I was a little disappointed by the others.
Our next stop was Pizzeria Bianco...we got there about half an hour after it opened, and we were told it was a 2 1/2 hour wait. Let me explain a little about Pizzeria Bianco. This pizzeria was rated the best pizza in the NATION by not only the Food Network, but Oprah as well. Some of you may already know this, but I lived in Italy for a time, and I am always looking for delicious, authentic Italian pizza (because most pizza here is very Americanized). So imagine how intriguing it was to discover that professional food critics loved this place...we had to go. For about two seconds we were torn between driving an hour to wait for several hours to eat the best pizza in America, and going to Joe's Farm Fresh BBQ (another Agritopia restaurant)...but then we all agreed that we would probably never have the chance to eat this delicious pizza again. When we got the restaurant it was bright and sunny...when we finally sat down to eat it was very dark. But the wait was worth it (it might not have been worth it if we had to stay outside in the 110 degree heat, but luckily they have a bar that you can sit in and keep cool. If you ever go, I would recommend bringing a deck of cards or something to play).
We ordered four of the specialty house pizzas, and I have to agree...this was the best pizza I have ever had. My favorite was the green one up top called the Biancoverde...the toppings included mozzarella, parmigiana, and ricotta cheeses and arugula...that's it. But it was sooooo tasty. If you are ever in AZ and you love cheese, I highly recommend it. The Rosa was also very interesting...it had pistachios on the pizza (which I have never seen before) which added a lovely crunch to the experience. I am currently salivating while I gaze at these pizzas.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Boo for sprinkles. Hooray for Pizzeria Bianco. Although you forgot to mention the best part: the VERY scandalous dress that the hostess was wearing.
I'm so glad that you mentioned the scandalous dress...because I was wondering what in the heck you guys were talking about while we were eating. I had no idea that the hostess had a scandalous dress on...I was concentrating on the food...
I was quickly scrolling up to the top of this entry and I thought...what am I doing in AZ..oh wait...that's not me, that's Jordan...weird!
Ha ha ha, Teri...it's a good thing you cut your hair! Now Dallin won't be confused anymore when I come over!
Post a Comment